You may have heard about the International Space Station. This space station is located around 400 km above the Earth and accommodates a few astronauts from different countries of the world. For your interest, below are a few mind-blowing facts about the ISS.
- Different nations took part in the building of the ISS namely USA, USSR, Japan, Canada, Brazil, Belgium, France, Denmark, Italy, Germany, Norway, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, and the UK.
- On a highway, the typical speed limit is 65 miles per hour, which is considered quite fast. But the ISS travels at a lightning fast speed of 5 miles per second.
- If you think your house is big enough, think again. The ISS is around 109 meters in length and provides enough space for astronauts to stretch out. So, this machine is bigger than the average house in the USA.
- The ISS is made up of tons of small and large parts and is the only artificial object this big in the space.
- The ISS is the only object of its kind that took a huge amount of money to make for space. The cost to make the ISS is around $120 billion, which is more than the annual budget of most developing countries.
- The space station has only two bathrooms. The urine is filtered back to the drinking water for the crew.
- You may be thinking your computer can’t get infected when you are on the ISS, but it’s not true. There are over 52 computers on the space station and they have got infected by these malicious apps more than once.
- After the moon, the ISS is the only brightest object that is over there in space. It looks like an object that is moving at a very fast speed. If you want to get notified when the ISS reaches your city, do sign up to the Spot the Station service by NASA.
Hopefully, you will find these facts.